Social Media is awesome! It provides an unique opportunity to keep in touch with unique people.
In in the end of July 2011, Vladimir Sevostianov, a fb friend of mine, visited
Franz Josef Land and brought amazing photographs of the Russian Arctic in summer.
Take a look at his photographs and learn that the Arctic is not just ice, snow, fog, dark stones and cliffs, and polar bears, but it is also full of real life. Animals, colourful flowers and even mushrooms.
Vladimir Sevostianov is President of Commander Islands and BC Nature Protection and Conservation Association in Russia. A big fan of writing. Check out his page http://proza.ru/avtor/orca7.
Franz Josef Land Archipelago is located in the Russian Arctic 540 miles from the North Pole. Includes 191 ice-covered islands. Discovered by the Austian expedition in 1873.
Like it?.. Please, feel free to share this page
- Adventure Race 80dg Yacht Regatta in Franz Josef Land Archipelago, Russian Arctic [photos]
- Sailing Safari: Adventure Race 80 Degrees Regatta in the Russian Arctic
- Sir David Attenborough’s documentary “Frozen Planet”
- 2011 March Dive in Antarctica by SilverTip #IcePhoto
- Opinion: No strife for the Arctic – Vladimir Putin